Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Wake Up Call

Every so often, we need a wake up call.  Something to remind us how special this life is and how thankful we need to be for every precious minute we get.  Watching the rescue of the Chilean miners has been such an emotional experience that it gave me a little bit of a wake up call.

Before I met my husband, he worked in two mines over the course of 5 years.  I can't even imagine the emotional turmoil that the miners and their families must have been going through for over two months.  Not knowing from day to day whether or not they would survive would have been torture. 

Even though these people are strangers to me, watching the miners emerge one by one has really affected me as well.  It has also been amazing to see that most of the world feels the same way and we are all really pulling for these people.

My thoughts will stay with the miners and their families and I hope that they can all recover from this ordeal.

No comments: