Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Decorating Kid's Rooms - Space Theme

After I had children, I fell in love with the idea of decorating kid's rooms which is one reason I started making pillow covers. I wanted to contribute somehow to the decorating process of other children's spaces. I thought that it would be fun to feature different artists that also make beautiful children's items. After alot of searching, I chose three Etsy artists and decided on a room for a child who loves space and everything that goes along with it.

Rebecca of Art and Philanthropy creates beautiful collages using mixed media. The first print is titled Outer Space Voyage and the second is called A Little World. There are many beautiful pieces in her shop and you should definitely take a look.






These "out of this world" knobs would finish off a plain dresser perfectly. These handpainted drawer knobs are made out of recycled metal and can be found at an Etsy shop aptly named Knobs. I wish that this shop existed when I was looking for different and interesting knobs for my kid's drawers. Be sure to visit this shop and look at the other great items that are available.




When your child is travelling through space he or she needs a buddy. I found "Fuzzy Alien Robot Guy" at a shop called Love Monkey. The description notes that he is excellent at directions and makes friends easily so he's an asset to any travel plans. He also looks very huggable and cozy. Love Monkey has a variety of items in her shop including journals, kid's t-shirts and wooden dolls.




2 comments:

Dreamland Crafts said...

What a cute idea.

Sarah said...

these are great! i love that rocket ship collage. nice choices!